Terms and Conditions
Thank you for booking a Wanaka Selection property. Please carefully read the terms and conditions. Please contact us should you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions prior confirming your booking.
The Guest is responsible for the property during the Guest’s stay. This responsibility includes:
- Taking reasonable care of the property
- Leaving the property at the end of the stay with all utensils, fixtures, fittings and furnishings and accessories and artworks on, in or about the property in a clean and tidy condition
- Not removing anything from the property
- Ensuring every door is locked whenever you are not in the property
- Ensuring that Wanaka Selection management are notified in a timely manner should there be any issues with the property or damages to the property The Guest is liable for any breakages or damage caused to the property or chattels that occurs during the Guest’s stay. When you arrive at the property, if you notice any pre-existing damages or breakages, please report these immediately.
- Wanaka Selection reserves the right to inspect the property at any time during your stay.
Guests must review all property amenities, specifications and unique characteristics, including environmental conditions, to verify that the property you have selected will be suitable before you book. Private homes may be constructed with unusual features, limited accessibility, or be sited amidst potentially hazardous situations (eg lakefront). Guests with mobility challenges or those traveling with children are specifically advised carefully review the property and to discuss concerns or requirements with our reservation team as you nay not be able to change properties upon arrival.
Age of Guests
The leading group member making a booking must be over 25 years of age. Additionally, all guests who are unaccompanied by a parent or guardian must also be over 25 years of age. If you have falsified any of the information pertaining to the guests ages, Wanaka Selection has the right to cancel the reservation, and insist on forfeiture of the full payment for the booking.
Occupancy Limitations and Respect for Neighbours
Each holiday home rental has specific occupancy limits and rules of conduct as per Queenstown Lakes District Council bylaws, and these are strictly enforced. The number of adults and children to occupy the rental home must be stated at the time of booking and must not exceed the allowed number of guests. Property lines, privacy, and the quiet enjoyment of neighbours are to be respected at all times, with quiet hours observed between 10pm and 10am each night. Increased occupancy, vehicle traffic, excessive noise, or illegal activity, may result in, eviction, and the forfeiture of the full payment for the booking.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- We accept payment via Visa or Mastercard, AMEX, Online Banking or Cash.
- Visa and Mastercard payments will incur a 2.5% transaction fee, AMEX will incur a 4% transaction fee.
- International banking transaction fees will be covered by The Guest
- Because unexpected events can impact your travel plans, we recommend that you protect your vacation investment by purchasing travel insurance.
- Bookings are confirmed with a 25% deposit with the balance payable on arrival (or prior)
- Cancellations that occur 30 days or more in advance of the arrival date will incur a $100 cancellation fee
- Cancellations that occur or if a booking is reduced in length less than 30 days of arrival will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations that occur or reductions of length of stay within 14 days of arrival or part way through the stay, the guest will incur the total accommodation cost of all night's reserved, regardless of guests actual arrival or departure date.
Cancellations & Changes by Wanaka Selection
It doesn’t happen often, but unforeseen circumstances may arise making a reserved property unavailable, (for example, a home owner may decide to withdraw their property for its sale, to conduct alterations/repairs, or change the property to one for personal use). Wanaka Selection do not accept any liability for such an occurrence, financial or otherwise. If any of these situations occur, we reserve the right to cancel the booking on behalf of the owner. However, every effort will be made to find alternative comparable accommodation for the intended dates of stay or unused rental fees and charges will be refunded in full. No further compensation will be offered.
Wanaka Selection (Te Wanaka Lodge Ltd) reserves the right to hold a security bond against a for security purposes and to cover any additional moneys the Guest becomes liable to pay to Wanaka Selection.
Payment for Extras
Wanaka Selection will charge any extra costs, penalties or any other money that a Guest may become liable to pay under these Terms & Conditions against the security bond or any credit card held on file. Wanaka Selection may also recover any associated collection costs, plus interest at 14% per annum on all overdue amounts. If necessary Wanaka Selection reserves the right to pursue legal proceedings to recover any money owed by a Guest.
Goods & Services Tax
All Wanaka Selection prices are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and include New Zealand’s 15% Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless stated otherwise.
Please confirm at time of booking if bedding configuration requirements differ from those advertised (e.g. make up of beds as kings or king splits). Bedding configuration is always subject to availability and house specifications - bedding configurations are not guaranteed, although Wanaka Selection will make every effort to accommodate. Changes to standard bedding made after the property has been set for the booking will incur a fee of $50 + GST and linen costs.. Any request to change the configuration upon arrival will result in a callout fee of $50 + GST and linen costs.
Guests may check in any time after 3pm and prior to 9pm on the date of arrival. Unless otherwise arranged, a key will be available for collection from Te Wanaka Lodge, 23 Brownston Street. Should you wish to arrive outside of these times, please contact our reservations team who will make alternative arrangements. Directions to the property will be given on checkin.
Check out, Late Checkouts
- Checkout is strictly 10.30
- A late checkout at 12 noon is permitted subject to availability requires confirmation from our reservations team. Should you have not requested and had a confirmation from our reservations team, a late checkout fee of $100 + GST fee will be charged to cover additional housekeeping costs.
- Any checkouts later than 12 noon on day of departure incur an additional tariff up to the equivalent of one night’s stay.
- Lost keys may result in a minimum fee of $50 + GST being charged to your credit card.
More frequent cleaning may be scheduled upon request for an additional charge. Excessively littered and/or dirty conditions at check-out will result in at an additional cost of $100 + GST. If additional housekeeping is necessary including work to clean carpets, remove stains, repaint, repair finishes, or replace furnishings, textiles, BBQ or homewares, OR remove excess rubbish, you will be charged for labour, materials, and merchandise, plus any vehicle and labour charges.
Residential Use Only – No Parties or Events
This property is a residential dwelling and is to be used strictly for residential purposes by the Guest(s) and the number of occupants nominated at time of booking. The use of the property for a function, a party, or any other like gathering is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Use of the property for purposes other than a residential dwelling will result in eviction from the property, termination of the booking, forfeiture of all prepaid rentals and a penalty of up to $5,000 (incl. GST).
Eviction from Property
Wanaka Selection reserves the right to evict, at any time, Guests from a property if Wanaka Selection Management determines these Terms and Conditions have been breached. In the unlikely event of an eviction under this clause, Wanaka Selection is not required to refund any rent or other fees charged and reserves all of its rights under these Terms and Condition to apply additional charges.
Unless you have received authorisation from our Reservations team, animals are not permitted on the property. If animals are found on the property, a $200 fee will be charged, PLUS any extra cleaning fees, eviction, and the forfeiture of all prepaid rentals.
Smoking in the Property
There is no smoking or use of unlawful substances allowed inside the property. Please remove any cigarette butts from outside the property. If a smoking or unlawful substance odour is noted on check out, a $200 + GST damage charge will apply in addition to any additional cleaning and fumigation costs. Should the property be unavialalble for the next booking due to smoke pollution, Wanaka Selection reserves the right to charge the additional nights of loss revenue caused by this damage.
Any lost property retrieved will be mailed on to the contact address we have on file, and a minimum fee of $25 plus postage and packaging will be charged to the guest credit card.
Power is included with all reservations that are charged at a nightly rate for up to $150 per week. The Guest is responsible for turning off appliances and heating sources for the property when unoccupied during the Guest’s stay. Any excess power costs will be charged to the Guest.
In the event that Guest(s) set off security alarms, damages or misuses appliances or electronics – the Guest will be charged any callout fees.
Our office hours are 7am - 9pm, 7 days per week, except Christmas Day where there are reduced hours. We will be contactable via an emergency telephone if there is a problem at the property outside of these hours.
Wanaka Selection doesn’t accept any liability where a Guest(s) booking is affected by ‘force majeure’. In the context of these terms and conditions, ‘force majeure’ is any event that we could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. These events include but are not limited to war, threat of war, riot, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire, acts of God, terrorist activity, nuclear disaster, adverse weather, government action, technical problems with transportation or other events outside our control.
Wanaka Selection does not accept any responsibility or liability for acts of omission of third parties that may prevent or disrupt a Guest’s booking. The information and descriptions supplied here are believed to be accurate and offered in good faith. Certain features or facilities may not be available from time to time due to circumstances beyond our control for which we accept no liability. In addition no liability can be accepted by us for any injury, loss or damage to the Guest, any member of the guest’s party or any visitor to the rental property, arising out of or in connection with the use of the rental property.
By confirming a booking, and/or paying a deposit, accommodation charges and/or security bond (as applicable) to Wanaka Selection or a booking agent, the Guest(s) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.